MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3)
- 2 hours
Note: On June 30, 2022, this certification exam was retired. Existing certifications remain valid for their full 2 years.
A MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) should be able to successfully work on basic Mule 3 projects with guidance and supervision. The MCD – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) exam validates that a developer has the required knowledge and skills to design, build, test and debug, deploy, and manage basic APIs and integrations: moving from Anypoint Platform to Anypoint Studio and back. Certified candidates should be able to:
- Use MuleSoft-hosted Anypoint Platform to take a basic API through all the steps of its lifecycle: design, build, deploy, manage, and govern.
- Use Anypoint Studio to build, test, and debug basic integrations and API implementations.
- Connect to a range of resources — including databases, files, web services, SaaS applications, and JMS queues.
- Perform basic data transformations using DataWeave.
- Control message flow and handle errors.
- Process batch records.
- Format: Multiple-choice, closed book, proctored, online
- Length: 60 questions
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Pass score: 70%
- Language: English
You can no longer purchase this exam.
The certification expires two years from the date you pass the exam.
You can best prepare for the exam by taking the instructor-led Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 3) course and to completing the accompanying Do-It-Yourself (DIY) exercises. Candidates should be familiar with all of the content in the course and be able to apply the concepts in actual projects.
The following resources are available to help you prepare:
- Instructor-led training: Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 3)
- Recommended as the most effective and efficient method of preparation
- 5-day class
- Private, public, onsite, and online available
- Includes two free attempts for this exam
- Self-study training: Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 3)
- 30+ hours of video-based training with 60+ exercises to teach you the basics
- All content available instantly for you to complete at your own pace
- Supported by the peer-to-peer MuleSoft training forum
- Does not include any free attempts for this exam
- Self-assessment quiz
- 5+ multiple-choice questions for each course module
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses
- Do-it-yourself exercises
- 10+ DIY exercises to get experience with and apply the knowledge gained in class
- Starting code and solutions provided
- Can be completed in any order
The exam validates that you can perform the following tasks.
Note: DEV: FUN3 is the acronym for the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 3) course. DEV: DIY3 is the acronym for the MCD - Level 1 / Development Fundamentals (Mule 3) Self-Assessment Quiz & DIY Exercises materials.