MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4) DELTA
- 75 minutes
A MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) should be able to successfully work on basic Mule 4 projects with guidance and supervision. The MCD – Level 1 (Mule 4) DELTA exam validates that a certified MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) has the required knowledge and skills to design, build, test and debug, deploy, and manage basic Mule 4 APIs and integrations. Certified candidates should be able to:
- Use MuleSoft-hosted Anypoint Platform to take a basic API through all the steps of its lifecycle: design, build, deploy, manage, and govern.
- Use Anypoint Studio to build, test, and debug basic Mule 4 integrations and API implementations.
- Use Mule 4 connectors to connect to a range of resources including databases, files, web services, SaaS applications, and JMS queues.
- Perform basic data transformations using DataWeave 2.0.
- Use Mule 4 event processors to control event flow, handle errors, and process batch records.
Get a datasheet for the exam here.
- Format: Multiple-choice, closed book, proctored, online or at a testing center
- Length: 35 questions
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Pass score: 70%
- Language: English
You can take the exam a maximum of 2 times, with a 24-hour wait between attempts. After an unsuccessful second attempt, you can only take the full MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 exam.
If you have a previous MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) certification, you can purchase the exam with one of the following. Each includes one free retake.
- 1 Flexible Training Credit (FTC)
You can also get two exam attempts with the successful completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users course.
The certification expires two years from the date you pass the exam. To extend the certification validity after this date, you can take the MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) MAINTENANCE exam.
You can best prepare for the exam by leveraging the following resources:
- Instructor-led training: Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users
- Recommended as the most effective and efficient method of preparation
- 3-day class
- Private, public, onsite, and online classes available
- Includes two attempts for this exam or the full MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 exam
- Self-study training: Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users
- 30+ step-by-step exercises to teach you the basics
- All content available instantly for you to complete at your own pace
- Supported by the peer-to-peer MuleSoft training forum
- Successful completion of the course includes two MuleSoft-sponsored attempts for this exam or the full MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 exam
- Self-assessment quiz
- 5+ multiple-choice questions for each knowledge section of the exam
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses
- Do-it-yourself exercises
- 10+ DIY exercises to get experience with and apply the knowledge required for the certification
- Starting code and solutions provided
- Can be completed in any order
The exam validates that you can perform the following tasks.
Note: DEV: 443 is the acronym for the Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users course. DEV: DIY4 is the acronym for the MCD - Level 1 / Development Fundamentals (Mule 4) Self-Assessment Quiz & DIY Exercises materials.