Anypoint Platform Architecture: Application Networks
- 3 days
- Level 1
An application network connects applications, data, and devices within an enterprise and to external ecosystems using APIs. This course teaches experienced enterprise and solution architects how to direct the emergence of an effective application network out of individual integration solutions following API-led connectivity across an organization. It is case-study driven, with the solution architecture and effect on the organization's enterprise architecture for two strategic change initiatives being documented as the course progresses.
The course prepares students to take the MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect - Level 1 exam and includes two exam attempts.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Break down functional requirements into business-aligned, versioned APIs with effective granularity and API data model.
- Direct creation and publication of API-related assets using RAML and Anypoint Platform components.
- Architect for non-functional requirements on the level of API invocations and API implementations using components of Anypoint Platform.
- Architect for specific requirements by augmenting API-led connectivity with event-driven architecture.
- Select Anypoint Platform deployment options.
- Advise on effective use of the automation capabilities of Anypoint Platform for DevOps, CI/CD, and testing.
- Advise on the establishment and operation of a Center for Enablement (C4E).
Senior solution and enterprise architects who have experience with common integration approaches (like SOA) and integration technologies/platforms, and have basic knowledge and experience with the components of Anypoint Platform
A basic knowledge and experience with the components of Anypoint Platform from one of the following:
- Completion of the Getting Started with Anypoint Platform course
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
- Passing the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4) exam
- Passing the MCD - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) exam
Prior architecture knowledge and experience:
- A clear understanding of the concepts and steps involved in developing software for the JVM (usually from developing in some JVM-based programming language)
- Recent experience as an architect for a cloud platform software development initiative using any technology stack
- A full understanding of the fundamental ingredients of enterprise integration including interface definitions and contracts; data encoding using XML or JSON; REST APIs or SOAP web services; SQL or NoSQL database access; message-passing using JMS, AMQP or similar; network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS; single-resource transactions
- Familiarity with the purpose of common components of enterprise and cloud technology architectures including identity providers, load-balancers, and name servers
- Familiarity with basic security concepts including certificates and encryption at rest and in transit
Attend a live course online or in-person at select locations.
33 available courses
There are no courses currently available. Adjust your filter settings to expand your search.
Japanese course links can be found in the Summary section for the course, where available.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.