Anypoint Platform Operations: Runtime Fabric on Virtual Machines
- 2 days
- Level 1
Anypoint Runtime Fabric is a container service that automates and orchestrates the deployment of Mule runtimes across any environment with centralized management through a single MuleSoft-hosted control plane. There are two Runtime Fabric options:
- As a package that is installable on an existing Kubernetes environment on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). You operate and manage the Kubernetes environment.
- As an appliance that includes Docker and Kubernetes. You install this version on virtual machines (VMs) or bare metal that you operate and manage.
This course is for Anypoint Platform administrators who want to learn the skills and best practices to install, operate, and maintain Runtime Fabric on virtual machines (VMs) or bare metal. In the hands-on exercises, this course uses EC2 instances on Amazon Web Services (AWS), but the process and steps are similar for other VMs. For Runtime Fabric installations on bare metal, the majority of the course is applicable except for the section on installation.
Note: For maximum flexibility and customization, you can use your own Kubernetes provider instead of the Kubernetes environment that is provided by MuleSoft with the Runtime Fabric appliance. In this case, you can instead take the Anypoint Platform Operations: Runtime Fabric on Self-Managed Kubernetes course.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
Operations personnel, developers, and architects who want to get hands-on experience installing, configuring, and using the Runtime Fabric appliance on VMs
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the features, benefits, and architecture of Runtime Fabric.
- Install and configure the Runtime Fabric appliance on VMs.
- Deploy Mule applications to Runtime Fabric.
- Scale Runtime Fabric deployments for performance and high availability.
- Use Anypoint Runtime Manager and to manage, monitor, and analyze Mule applications.
- Use OpsCenter and Anypoint Monitoring for dashboarding and monitoring.
A basic knowledge and experience with the components of Anypoint Platform from one of the following:
- Completion of the Getting Started with Anypoint Platform course
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
Prior system knowledge and experience:
- A knowledge of system administration and server commands
- A basic understanding of data formats such as XML, CSV, and JSON
- A basic knowledge of working on Linux systems
- A basic understanding of remote connection mechanisms such as SSL and SSH
- (Optional, but useful) A basic understanding of containerization concepts and technologies
Attend a live course online or in-person at select locations.
9 available courses
There are no courses currently available. Adjust your filter settings to expand your search.
Japanese course links can be found in the Summary section for the course, where available.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.