Anypoint Platform Operations: Runtime Fabric on Self-Managed Kubernetes
- 2 days
- Level 1
Anypoint Runtime Fabric is a container service that automates and orchestrates the deployment of Mule runtimes across any environment with centralized management through a single MuleSoft-hosted control plane. There are two Runtime Fabric options:
- As a package that is installable on an existing Kubernetes environment on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). You operate and manage the Kubernetes environment.
- As an appliance that includes Docker and Kubernetes. You install this version on virtual machines (VMs) or bare metal that you operate and manage.
This course is for Anypoint Platform administrators who want to learn the skills and best practices to install, operate, and maintain Runtime Fabric on an existing Kubernetes environment on Amazon EKS, AKS, or GKE. In the hands-on exercises, this course uses a Kubernetes cluster on Amazon EKS, but the steps are the same with minor command changes for a Kubernetes cluster on AKS or GKE.
Note: This course does NOT teach you how to operate and manage a Kubernetes environment; your company needs to already have this expertise to use Runtime Fabric on self-managed Kubernetes. If this is not the case, you can instead use the Runtime Fabric appliance and take the Anypoint Platform Operations: Runtime Fabric on Virtual Machines course.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the features, benefits, and architecture of Runtime Fabric.
- Install and configure Runtime Fabric on self-managed Kubernetes.
- Deploy Mule applications to Runtime Fabric.
- Perform maintenance tasks using command-line tools.
- Scale Runtime Fabric deployments for performance and high availability.
- Use Anypoint Monitoring for alerts, dashboarding, and monitoring.
Operations personnel, developers, and architects who want to get hands-on experience installing, configuring, and using Runtime Fabric on a managed Kubernetes solution provided by AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
A basic knowledge and experience with the components of Anypoint Platform from one of the following:
- Completion of the Getting Started with Anypoint Platform course
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
Prior system knowledge and experience:
- A knowledge of system administration and server commands
- A basic understanding of data formats such as XML, CSV, and JSON
- A basic knowledge of working on Linux systems
- A basic understanding of remote connection mechanisms such as SSL and SSH
- (Optional, but useful) A basic understanding of containerization concepts and technologies
- A computer with at least 2GB available RAM and 500MB available storage
- Unrestricted internet access to port 80 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- Operating system admin permissions
- OpenJDK 8 (not 11 or a later version)
- Apache JMeter
Get a detailed setup document here.
Attend a live course online or in-person at select locations.
14 available courses
There are no courses currently available. Adjust your filter settings to expand your search.
Japanese course links can be found in the Summary section for the course, where available.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.