Anypoint Platform Development: Production-Ready Development Practices
- 3 days
- Level 2
Registration for the self-paced course and exam
A self-paced version of this course is available for purchase for $300; it is not free. This price includes 90 days of access to the course from the date you enroll. If you complete this course and the Anypoint Platform Development: Production-Ready Integrations course, you will receive two exam attempts at no additional cost for the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 2 exam.
This course is for developers who have mastered the fundamentals of creating Mule applications with Anypoint Studio and Anypoint Platform™ and now want to learn the skills and best practices to implement production-ready Mule applications — applications that are ready to be used in a DevOps environment in professional software development projects. This includes securely provisioning API-related artifacts; automating the building, unit testing, and deployment of Mule applications; making Mule applications easily monitored; sharing development assets between projects; and more.
This course and the Anypoint Platform Development: Production-Ready Integrations course prepare students to take the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 2 exam. After successful completion of both courses, students with a current MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 certification automatically receive two exam attempts.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
At the end of this course, students should be able to use best practices to:
- Interactively provision API-related artifacts and secure access to APIs.
- Enhance data protection using HTTPS.
- Configure Mule applications succinctly and securely for different deployment environments.
- Automate the building, unit testing, and deployment of Mule applications using Maven-based tooling.
- Write unit tests for Mule flows using MUnit that is optimized for reuse and maintainability.
- Improve monitorability of Mule applications through healthchecks and operational logging.
- Share assets and resources including code, connector configurations, and more between projects.
Software developers who have mastered the fundamentals of creating Mule applications with Anypoint Studio and Anypoint Platform and now want to learn the skills and best practices to build production-ready Mule applications for professional software development projects
- Experience developing Mule 4 applications as demonstrated by one of the following:
- A current MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 certification
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users course
- A solid understanding of essential Maven concepts
Note: If you are new to Maven (a build automation tool), you need to learn Maven fundamentals BEFORE taking this course. Suggested tutorials include Apache Maven Tutorial, Maven in 5 Minutes, and Maven Getting Started Guide.
- A computer with:
- At least 8-16 GB RAM (16 highly recommended), 2GHz CPU, and 10GB available storage
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- Internet access to ports 80 and 443 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- The latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge
- An Anypoint Platform account
- OpenJDK 8 (not 11 or a later version)
- Anypoint Studio 7.14 or later with embedded Mule 4 runtime
- Advanced REST Client 16.0.1 or later (or any other REST client application)
- Apache Maven 3.8.6 or later
- API Catalog CLI (optional)
- Note: Be sure to install prerequisites of NodejS and Git as noted in the installation instructions
Get a detailed setup document here.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.