MuleSoft.U Flow Design
This 6-hour self-study course is for people that work with data and want to get hands-on experience using the new web-based flow designer in Design Center to build integrations that connect systems quickly and easily.
At the end of this course, students should be able to use flow designer in Design Center to:
- Build, debug, and deploy Mule applications.
- Retrieve data from databases, REST APIs, and SOAP APIs.
- Transform data using the DataWeave visual mapper.
- Add application logic and handle errors.
- Transfer data to other systems.
For application owners or data scientists with integration needs
- A basic understanding of data formats such as XML, CSV, and JSON
- A basic understanding of typical integration technologies such as HTTP, JDBC, REST, and SOAP
- A computer with:
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- The latest version of Firefox or Chrome or Internet Explorer 10 or newer
- Unrestricted internet access to port 80 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- Two screens - Either two monitors or two computers:
- The first for watching the videos
- The second for using the tool(s) to follow along and complete the exercises yourself
- An Anypoint Platform account
- Postman REST client app (or some other REST client app)
- Create basic applications using the Mule runtime
- Describe how to use Anypoint Platform to create and access APIs
- Promote flow designer applications
- Capture input from query parameters and URI parameters
- Retrieve data from databases, REST APIs, and SOAP APIs
- Transform data using a visual mapper
- Transform different responses into one common standard
- Transform data using conditional expressions
- Use DataWeave functions
- Route events based on conditions
- Handle errors
- Transfer data to a Salesforce database