Anypoint Platform Architecture: Integration Solutions
- 5 days
- Level 1
This course teaches experienced solution and technical architects or lead/senior developers how to design integration solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements using Anypoint Platform™. It builds on prior experience developing and deploying Mule applications, and gives concrete guidance on how to design integration solutions for the Mule runtime (both Mule 4 and Mule 3) in the various deployment options supported by the Anypoint Platform. The course is case-study driven, with the solution architecture and effect on the organization's overall architecture being documented as the course progresses.
This course prepares students to take the MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect – Level 1 exam and includes two exam attempts.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into well documented integration interfaces and implementation designs.
- Select the best Mule components and patterns for integration solution designs.
- Select the deployment approach and configuration of Anypoint Platform with any of the available deployment options (MuleSoft-hosted or customer-hosted control plane and runtime plane).
- Design Mule applications for the various deployment options of the Anypoint Platform runtime plane.
- Apply standard development methods covering the full development lifecycle to ensure solution quality.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects.
- Design and be responsible for the technical quality, governance (ensuring compliance), and operationalization of integration solutions.
- Advise technical teams on performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring, and other operational concerns of integration solutions on Anypoint Platform.
Solution and technical architects or lead/senior developers that are focused on designing enterprise integration solutions and have prior experience developing and deploying non-trivial Mule applications
Experience developing and deploying Mule applications as demonstrated by one of the following:
- Passing the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4) exam
- Passing the MCD - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) exam
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
Additional development and architecture knowledge and experience including:
- Proficiency in any JVM-based programming language with ability to read procedural, object-oriented, and (ideally) functional code
- Familiarity with threads, thread pools, locks, server/client sockets, JDBC data sources, and connection pools on the JVM
- Proficiency with current software development tools like Git/GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience as an architect or lead/senior developer on at least one integration project using any technology stack
- A full understanding of the fundamental ingredients of enterprise integration including interface definitions and contracts; data encoding using XML or JSON; REST APIs or SOAP web services; SQL or NoSQL database access; message-passing using JMS, AMQP or similar; network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS; single-resource transactions
- Familiarity with basic security concepts including certificates and encryption at rest and in transit
- A computer with:
- At least 8-16 GB RAM (16 highly recommended) available RAM, 2GHz CPU, and 10GB available storage
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- Internet access to ports 80 and 3306 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- The latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge
- Anypoint Studio 7 with embedded Mule 4.X runtime
- An Anypoint Platform account
- Advanced REST Client (or any other REST client application)
- (Optional) ArchiMate (or some other architecture diagramming tool)
Get a detailed setup document here.
Attend a live course online or in-person at select locations.
33 available courses
There are no courses currently available. Adjust your filter settings to expand your search.
Japanese course links can be found in the Summary section for the course, where available.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.