Anypoint Platform Architecture: Integration Solutions
- 5 days
- Level 1
This course teaches experienced solution and technical architects or lead/senior developers how to design integration solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements using Anypoint Platform™. It builds on prior experience developing and deploying Mule applications, and gives concrete guidance on how to design integration solutions for the Mule runtime (both Mule 4 and Mule 3) in the various deployment options supported by the Anypoint Platform. The course is case-study driven, with the solution architecture and effect on the organization's overall architecture being documented as the course progresses.
This course prepares students to take the MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect – Level 1 exam and includes two exam attempts.
Get a datasheet for the course here.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into well documented integration interfaces and implementation designs.
- Select the best Mule components and patterns for integration solution designs.
- Select the deployment approach and configuration of Anypoint Platform with any of the available deployment options (MuleSoft-hosted or customer-hosted control plane and runtime plane).
- Design Mule applications for the various deployment options of the Anypoint Platform runtime plane.
- Apply standard development methods covering the full development lifecycle to ensure solution quality.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects.
- Design and be responsible for the technical quality, governance (ensuring compliance), and operationalization of integration solutions.
- Advise technical teams on performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring, and other operational concerns of integration solutions on Anypoint Platform.
Solution and technical architects or lead/senior developers that are focused on designing enterprise integration solutions and have prior experience developing and deploying non-trivial Mule applications
Experience developing and deploying Mule applications as demonstrated by one of the following:
- Passing the MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4) exam
- Passing the MCD - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) exam
- Completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals course
Additional development and architecture knowledge and experience including:
- Proficiency in any JVM-based programming language with ability to read procedural, object-oriented, and (ideally) functional code
- Familiarity with threads, thread pools, locks, server/client sockets, JDBC data sources, and connection pools on the JVM
- Proficiency with current software development tools like Git/GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience as an architect or lead/senior developer on at least one integration project using any technology stack
- A full understanding of the fundamental ingredients of enterprise integration including interface definitions and contracts; data encoding using XML or JSON; REST APIs or SOAP web services; SQL or NoSQL database access; message-passing using JMS, AMQP or similar; network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS; single-resource transactions
- Familiarity with basic security concepts including certificates and encryption at rest and in transit
- A computer with:
- At least 8-16 GB RAM (16 highly recommended) available RAM, 2GHz CPU, and 10GB available storage
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- Internet access to ports 80 and 3306 (with > 5Mbps download and > 2Mbps upload)
- The latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge
- OpenJDK 8 (not 11 or a later version)
- Anypoint Studio 7 with embedded Mule 4.X runtime
- An Anypoint Platform account
- Advanced REST Client (or any other REST client application)
- (Optional) ArchiMate (or some other architecture diagramming tool)
Get a detailed setup document here.
Attend a live course online or in-person at select locations.
36 available courses
There are no courses currently available. Adjust your filter settings to expand your search.
Schedule a private training for six or more students online or onsite at your office.