MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4)
- 2 hours
A MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 should be able to successfully work on basic Mule 4 projects with guidance and supervision. The MCD – Level 1 (Mule 4) exam validates that a developer has the required knowledge and skills to design, build, test and debug, deploy, and manage basic APIs and integrations: moving from Anypoint Platform to Anypoint Studio and back. Certified candidates should be able to:
- Use MuleSoft-hosted Anypoint Platform to take a basic API through all the steps of its lifecycle: design, build, deploy, manage, and govern.
- Use Anypoint Studio to build, test, and debug basic integrations and API implementations.
- Connect to a range of resources including databases, files, web services, SaaS applications, and JMS queues.
- Perform basic data transformations using DataWeave 2.0.
- Control event flow and handle errors.
- Process batch records.
Get a datasheet for the exam here.
- Format: Multiple-choice, closed book, proctored, online or at a testing center
- Length: 60 questions
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Pass score: 70%
- Language: English
You can take the exam a maximum of 5 times, with a 24-hour wait between each attempt.
You can purchase the exam with one of the following. Each includes one free retake.
- 1 Flexible Training Credit (FTC)
Additional retakes (i.e. attempts 3 to 5) are 50% off and do not come with a free retake.
You can also get two exam attempts with the successful completion of the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 4) course or the Anypoint Platform Development: Mule 4 for Mule 3 Users course.
The certification expires two years from the date you pass the exam. To extend the certification validity after this date, you can take the MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) MAINTENANCE exam.
You can best prepare for the exam by taking the instructor-led Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 4) course and completing the accompanying Do-It-Yourself (DIY) exercises and quiz. Candidates should be familiar with all of the content in the course and be able to apply the concepts in actual projects.
The following resources are available to help you prepare:
- Instructor-led training: Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 4)
- Recommended as the most effective and efficient method of preparation
- 5-day class
- Private, public, onsite, and online classes available
- Includes two attempts for this exam
- Self-study training: Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 4)
- 60+ step-by-step exercises to teach you the basics
- All content available instantly for you to complete at your own pace
- Supported by the peer-to-peer MuleSoft training forum
- Successful completion of the course includes two MuleSoft-sponsored attempts for this exam
- Self-assessment quiz
- 5+ multiple-choice questions for each course module
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses
- Do-it-yourself exercises
- 10+ DIY exercises to get experience with and apply the knowledge gained in class
- Starting code and solutions provided
- Can be completed in any order
The exam validates that you can perform the following tasks.
Note: DEV: FUN4 is the acronym for the Anypoint Platform Development: Fundamentals (Mule 4) course. DEV: DIY4 is the acronym for the MCD - Level 1 / Development Fundamentals (Mule 4) Self-Assessment Quiz & DIY Exercises materials.